Today’s weekly spark comes from Marcel Proust.
Some background: In the 19th century, French writer Marcel Proust stumbled upon a questionnaire called, “An Album to Record Thoughts, Feelings, ect.” Proust answered the questionaire numerous times over his life. This list of questions came to be known as the Proust Questionnaire. It has been used to uncover one’s true characteristics and emotions ever since.
Answering unexpected questions is a great tool for self-awarness, and so I encourage everyone to do this questionnaire (reduced down by a few questions). I hope you’ll share some of your answers here!
1. Your most marked characteristics?
2. The quality you most like in a man?
3. The quality do you most like in a woman?
4. What do you most value in your friends?
5. What is your principle defect?
6. What is your favorite occupation?
7. What is your dream of happiness?
8. What, to your mind, would be the greatest of misfortunes?
9. What would you like to be?
10. In what country would you like to live?
11. What is your favorite color?
12. What is your favorite flower?
13. What is your favorite bird?
14. Who are your favorite prose writers?
15. Who are your favorite poets?
16. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
17. Who is your favorite heroine of fiction?
18. Who are your favorite composers? (I usually re-interpret this as musicians)
19. Who are your favorite painters?
20. Who are your heroes in real life?
21. What is it you most dislike?
22. What natural gift would you like to possess?
23. How would you like to die?
24. What is your present state of mind?
25. To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
26. What is your motto?