Is your daughter in high school?
Do you feel like your role in championing her self-confidence is negated by the rush of images and messages coming at her from society?
Do you want to form a stronger bond with her?
Are you eager for an incredibly positive experience that allows the two of you to reconnect over who and how you both want to be in the world?
Beautiful You(th) is an interactive mother-daughter workshop that will give you both more of what you need—time together, perspective about the world and its many messages, and the opportunity to distill down to what matters most for you.
Why does this even matter?
In Real Pressure, Real Girls: A National Report on Self-Esteem, researchers revealed that…
- 7 in 10 girls believe they are not good enough or do not measure up in some way, including their looks, performance in school and relationships with friends and family members.
- 62% of all girls feel insecure or not sure of themselves
- 57% of all girls have a mother who criticizes her own looks in front of them.
- 57% of all girls say they don’t always tell their parents certain things about them because they don’t want them to think badly of them.
- The top wish among all girls is for their parents to communicate better with them, which includes more frequent and open conversations about what is happening in their own lives.
What will we be doing?
We’ll have a real conversation about the pressures that women face, what we can do to respond to them, and consider new ways of thinking about what we face and how we present ourselves. We’ll talk about self-care, claim who and how we want to be in the world, and lay the ground work for many more deep conversations after the workshop is long over. You’ll share, create, and laugh together, and leave with a road map (and plenty of tangible and emotional tools) to keep practicing profound self-care and radical self-acceptance.
We want to come! What are the details?
Join me from 1 to 5 PM EST on October 11th in The Mallard Room of Homewood Suites Davidson (North Carolina).
Registration for two (mom and daughter) is $200 but use EARLY at check-out for $25 off until September 11th. Registration includes supplies for our creative activities (fun, meaningful activities you’ll get to take home with you!), a copy of Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance, and a couple surprises.
The good news—this will be an intimate event—just 15 mother/daughter pairs can register! The bad news—you need to register soon to get your spot!