In May, I set three goals for the month. The goals came from a combination of a list of To Do items that I just hadn’t been able to get around to yet and some goals I have for myself.
My three goals were:
1. Get the process started for Happy’s certificate of identification (we have to get one of these in order to enroll in school, etc and couldn’t do it until his adoption was completed, filed and, well that, was two and a half years ago). So this seems like an easy thing to do, right? Except that there is a bureaucratic office involved that doesn’t have instructions on its website for how to do it AND never answers it’s phone. Just has a voicemail system that says they’ll call you back with an answer and then doesn’t. So, both, BF and I have been calling and leaving messages asking for instructions and, finally, on Wednesday, May 30th BF got a person on the phone and sent the paperwork off to make it happen yesterday. Talk about “by the seat of our pants!”
2. Plant our garden. Done. We have squash, zucchini, watermelon, cucumbers, eggplant, and various peppers trying to make it in spite of the heat, the drought, the local bunnies, and the fact that Lola likes to lie or dig in the veggie boxes.
3. Write in Happy’s journal at least four times. Done. I am caught up on writing Happy’s funny stories in there and even did a funny Q&A with him for it last week where he told me his favorite song was- I kid you not- I am Sexy and I Know It. Here’s the thing. I don’t even know how he knows that song. The only thing I can think of he’s heard it on the radio when riding with BF. I’m so proud.
And then bonus goal: Run at least 3x a week. And, yep, done!
Now, for June’s three goals:
- Scratch off at least two of these activities with Happy from the Summer of Intentionality List: for example- go to a ball game, fly a kite, pick berries, and/or play mini-golf.
- Read on the porch a couple times.
- Finish the book proposal I am currently working on so that it can be sent to possible publishers.
Are you setting June goals? What’s on your list?