Tuesday, May 5th is the 2 year anniversary of the Hijas Americanas blog. For awhile the blog was all things Hijas Americanas and in two years, it’s grown to include insights into social justice issues, the writing life, life at home, and the occassional wild tangent. To celebrate the blog’s anniversary, I thought I’d host a little blog contest. There can be up to three winners and the those winners get a byoo-tee t-shirt. So what’s the contest? Here are ten questions whose answers can be found in the blog. To enter, send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. The three high scorers win. Deadline for entries is Thursday, May 7th at midnight.
Now, for the questions…
1. What day did Hijas Americanas (the book) officially get released/launch?
2. What national television show booked me to talk about Hijas Americanas before I got bumped the day before I was supposed to be on it?
3. What’s our dog’s name?
4. What do I call my husband?
5. What did my husband and I get in a Valentine fight over a few years ago?
6. In what country was our baby born?
7&8 What are two colleges or universities where I have spoken?
9. What do I do every year on/for my birthday?
10. What is the name of the non-profit started after it was inspired by the research in Hijas Americanas and conversations I had with young Latinas?