Saw this little meme and thought I’d play along…
things you’ve already done: bold
things you want to do: reddened
things you haven’t done and don’t want to: plain font
1. started your own blog
2. slept under the stars
3. play in a band- Oh, I want to do this. I have no business doing this. But I want to.
4. visit hawaii– I was in Hawaii for 36 hours for work. It took longer to fly there. But I did run to the beach the morning we were leaving so I could say that I walked on a Hawaiian beach. I also went to Pearl Harbor. So powerfully sad.
5. watched a meteor shower- with an ex one summer in college.
6. give to charity
7. been to disneyworld– We went twice in two months a few years ago. We took my parents for their anniversary and Christmas (the Disneyworld part was for mom. We went to a Braves Spring Training game for dad) a few years ago and then went back a month later with our friends and their kids.
8. climbed a mountain—yep, both rock climbing and hiking. In fact, BF and I got engaged on the highest peak in Vermont.
9. held a praying mantis
10. sang a solo
11. bungee jumped
12. visited Paris
13. watched a lightning storm at sea
14. taught yourself an art from scratch
15. adopt a child
16. had food poisoning
17. walked to the top of the statue of liberty
18. grown your own vegetables– so want to do this behind our garage. Actually I was just thinking about this the other day. As in, “if I want to do that this year, what do I do?”
19. seen the mona lisa in france
20. slept on an overnight train 21. had a pillow fight
22. hitch hiked
23. taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. built a snow fort
25. held a lamb
26. gone skinny dipping
27. run a marathon 28. ridden a gondola in venice
29. seen a total eclipse
30. watched a sunrise or sunset
31. hit a home run
32. been on a cruise
33. seen niagara falls in person
34. visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. seen an amish community
36. taught yourself a new language– Portuguese for my time in Brazil. And I’m planning on learning some Amharic with baby. And I am oh so grateful that my parents taught me Spanish.
37. have enough money to be truly satisfied
38. seen the leaning tower of pisa in person
39. gone rock climbing
40. seen michelangelo’s david in person
41. sung karaoke
42. seen old faithful geyser erupt
43. bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. visit africa
45. walked on a beach by moonlight
46. been transported in an ambulance (and almost as a Jane Doe as I passed out with any ID on me. I was finally able to convince them that I knew who I was when I coughed up my roommate’s phone number.)
47. have your portrait painted (oh God no, I don’t even like having my picture taken).
48. gone deep sea fishing
49. seen the sistine chapel in person
50. been to the top of the eiffel tower in paris
51. gone scuba diving or snorkelling
52. kissed in the rain
53. played in the mud
54. gone to a drive-in theatre– Even written an article bout it!
55. been in a movie
56. visited the great wall of china
57. started a business
58. taken a martial arts class
59. visit russia
60. serve at a soup kitchen
61. sold girl scout cookies
62. gone whale watching- one of the most incredible things ever. I am wild about whales. Wild.
63. gotten flowers for no reason–
64. donated blood
65. gone sky diving
66. visited a nazi concentration camp
67. bounced a check
68. flown in a helicopter
69. saved a favorite childhood toy
70. visited the lincoln memorial—in the middle of the night. It was incredible. A great, great date.
71. eaten caviar
72. pieced a quilt
73. stood in times square
74. toured the everglades
75. been fired from a job
76. seen the changing of the guard in london
77. broken a bone
78. been on a speeding motorcycle—been on a motorcycle. Think no motorcycles + speeding isn’t the best idea ever.
79. seen the grand canyon in person– took BF there for his birthday a few years ago.
80. published a book
81. visited the vatican
82. bought a brand new car– after driving my Freshcort for 12 years, BF forced me to get a brand new car. And then died as I negotiated 3,000 off the sticker price. Couldn’t help myself.
83. walked in jerusalem
84. had your picture in the newspaper yep, but see #47.
85. read the entire bible
86. visited the white house
87. killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. had chickenpox– I was 15. It was the summer. And I had to go to a conference scabby with thousands of other kids. Spotted the cutest boy at the conference in the first 10 minutes and then found out he was staying for the week with the family I was staying with… at another time, I would have thought I was the luckiest girl around. That week, I couldn’t believe my misfortune, but, fortunately, he wasn’t too grossed out by me. My hair also caught on fire that week. Good times.
89. saved someone’s life
90. sat on a jury
91. met someone famous
92. joined a book club
93. lost a loved one
94. had a baby
95. seen the alamo in person
96. swum in the great salt lake
97. been involved in a law suit
98. owned a cell phone
99. been stung by a bee