So, one of my students from my body image class has a blog and did a cool post that I just had to do, too (because there is nothing I like better than a good questionaire).
Here is her set up for it on her blog:
In the 19th century, French writer Marcel Proust stumbled upon a questionnaire called, “An Album to Record Thoughts, Feelings, ect.” Proust answered the questionaire numerous times over his life. This list of questions came to be known as the Proust Questionaire. It has been used to uncover one’s true characteristics and emotions ever since. As I am on the path to discovering my WORD, I thought that filling out this questionaire might help me uncover it. I encourage everyone to do this questionaire, just so you have a little more insight into you.
So I am taking her advice and completing the Prouse Questionaire. Hope you will, too!
1. Your most marked characteristics?
I am passionate and energetic. I have a huge affinity for justice in all its forms. I am a doer, teacher, and thinker. And I am overearnest and too often overengaged.
2. The quality you most like in a man?
Authenticity, vulnerability, self-awareness, sense of reverence and a healthy dose of irreverence
3. The quality you most like in a woman?
sense of humor, authenticity, strength, self-awareness, sense of reverence and a healthy dose of irreverence
4. What do you most value in your friends?
My closest friends are unabashedly who they are. They have a penchant for justice, are thoughtful, and are low maintenance.
5. What is your principle defect?
I really want people to be who they are– and am exhausted– noticeably so– by charades.
6. What is your favorite occupation?
7. What is your dream of happiness?
Living passionately and truly every day while making the choices I want and need to make– not having to do things simply because of expectation or out of someone else’s sense of my obligation.
8. What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
Giving one’s self away until you no longer know where you end and someone else begins.
9. What would you like to be?
an author, over and over again, an activist, and an inspired parent
10. In what country would you like to live?
Italy– specifically Tuscany.
11. What is your favorite color?
12. What is your favorite flower?
For years, gerber daisies and tulips, but I am loving the potted orchid I have going in our living room right now.
13. What is your favorite bird?
What a random question. Except I have answers because I have been to the Trinidadian rain forest and there are some sweet birds there. Here are the blue-crowned Mot Mot, the blue-gray Tanager, and the Magnificent Frigatebird.
14. Who are your favorite prose writers?
Too many to even count but here are some that came quickly to mind: Toni Morrison, Richard Wright, Jeannette Winterson.
15. Who are your favorite poets?
Mary Oliver, Kim Addonizio, Lucille Clifton, Gwendolyn Brooks.
16. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Ishmael in Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
17. Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
Harriet from Harriet the Spy
18. Who are your favorite composers?
Bono, Michael Stipe, the women of Sweet Honey in the Rock, Bob Marley, Eminem, Melissa Etheridge, Amy Ray and Emily Saliers
19. Who are your favorite painters?
Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera
20. Who are your heroes in real life?
my parents, my students, teachers, nurses
21. What is it you most dislike?
injustice, selfishness, poverty, bullying
22. What natural gift would you like to possess?
a decent singing voice
23. How would you like to die?
quietly after many, many years
24. What is your present state of mind?
content, quiet, reflective
25. To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
my sweet tooth
26. What is your motto?
We too often love things and use people when we should love people and use things.
27. Your name or Pseudo?
I am legally Rosemary, commonly Rosie, but also called Rosita, Grillita, Ro, Rose, Ro-ro, Rosemople, and Team