Tis the season for counting our blessings so in that spirit, I thought I’d start a stream of consciousness list of some things that I am grateful for in my life. I know it won’t be comprehensive, but it’s a start. I’d love to hear some things that show up on your list, too!
1. My family– I’m a lucky girl.
2. My friends and mentors. I am so happy to have been able to reconnect with old friends and make new ones through the Hijas Americanas experience, and I am lucky to have wonderful people in my everyday life. My cup runneth over!
3. To be able to do work that I love everyday (I still marvel that I do a lot of it dressed like a teenage boy in gym class) and to do it with editors whom I respect and enjoy.
4. The wonderful group of people who have invested themselves into Circle de Luz in some way– whether as board members (the CdL board members are a force!), Mijas, general donors, Hijas, or partners. Realizing Circle de Luz has been onf of this year’s biggest surprises and triumphs.
5. Having followed the path that life lead us on to meet the baby that might very well become our little boy.
6. The opportunity to teach again with my body image seminar and the budding return to teaching adult continuing education classes next year.
7. Fluff ‘n Nutter, my affectionate nickname for Lola, and the way that her quirkiness makes me laugh and her earnestness makes me smile. She’s a soulful pup beneath all her crazy.
8. We all know that I am grateful for cupcakes. I’ll add my mother-in-law’s brownies to the mix, too– they are dynamite! Who needs turkey and stuffing when you can have cupcakes and brownies?