Just received this call for participants & thought I would share. Feel free to pass it along to others.
Study: Self-Starvation: Qualitative exploration of narratives amongst eating disordered immigrant women of color to the US
This research study from Nova Southeastern University investigates the meanings of self-starvation amongst immigrant women and seeks participants who fit the following criterion:
You must be:
· 18+ years or older
· English speaking immigrant woman living in the U.S
· Participants must currently be or had been anorexic with a desire to restrict food intake
· Onset of must have occurred one year prior to immigration or following immigration to U.S.
· English-speaking U.S. first-generation immigrants qualify and may include those of Latina, Asian/Pacific Islander, and African American or other ethnicities
· Willingness to participate in one or more audio recorded interviews in person or by telephone
Compensation will be provided
Contact Principal Investigator, Lisa C. Palmer, M.S.
Address: Brief Therapy Institute,